Val Barber, a private investigator, is hired by a wealthy widow to find her missing granddaughter Sara. As initial investigations into her disappearance begin to darken, secrets surface in unexpected ways. Before too long, Barber finds himself entangled with powerful men of shady morals determined to thwart his investigations. Has he bitten off more than he can chew?
Co-written and directed by Fintan Connolly and written and produced by Fiona Bergin, the film-making team behind Fubar Films (Trouble With Sex, Flick), BARBER stars award winning actor Aidan Gillen (Game of Thrones, Peaky Blinders, The Wire), debut rising star Aisling Kearns, Gary Lydon (The Banshees of Inisherin, The Guard), Helen Behan (Wildfire, The Virtues, Wolf), Deirdre Donnelly (Vikings: Valhalla, Harry Wild, Rialto), Liam Carney (Calm with Horses), and Camille O’Sullivan along with Irma Mali, Nick Dunning and Steve Wall.
Eclipse Pictures is delighted to announce the release of BARBER in Irish cinemas on 14 April, following the recent world premiere screening at 2023 Dublin International Film Festival.
Barber Map Competition
To celebrate the release of Irish film BARBER, win a Luxury Overnight stay at The Marlin Hotel in Dublin’s St Stephen’s Green. BARBER starring Aidan Gillen was shot on location in key sites around Dublin including The Marlin, a contemporary 300-room hotel, steps away from Grafton Street and a short stroll from Dublin’s most trendy nightlife.
- Valid from 1st May 2023 – 30th April 2024
- Includes breakfast.
- Cannot be combined with any other offer or promotion.
- Booking required and subject to availability.
Terms & Conditions (*please see end of page for further T&Cs)
- Competition open to Republic of Ireland residents aged 18 years of age or over, excluding employees of the Promoter, Spinnaker London LLP on behalf of Eclipse Pictures Ltd. Entrants aged under 18 will need to gain a parent’s or a legal guardian’s permission to upload their comments.
- To Enter: At the start of the Promotional Period @Eclipse_Picture Twitter account will post the following copy:
𝐖𝐈𝐍 a Luxury Overnight stay at The Marlin Hotel, steps away from Grafton Street and just one of the locations BARBER, starring Aidan Gillen, was filmed. To enter, simply reply with a photo of any of the locations featured in the film, retweet and follow us! #MarlinDublin
- Only entries submitted by commenting and submitting a photo on the competition post will be accepted.
- One entry per user. Multiple entries will not be counted.
- The competition will open at (4pm Friday 14 April) and will close at (4pm Thursday 4 May).
- One winner from Twitter will be selected by random from all valid entries after the competition closes; the Promoters decision is final.
- Winners will be notified by (Friday 5 May) from the @Eclipse_Picture Twitter account in one or all of the following ways:
- An announcement via a post, this post will list and/or tag winners, asking them to directly private message @Eclipse_Picture Twitter account for information on how to claim their prize.
- Via direct replies to their comments on the original giveaway posts, asking them to directly private message @Eclipse_Picture Twitter account for information on how to claim their prize.
- In the event that any winner refuses the acceptance of the prize or, for whatever reason, cannot accept the prize, or if the Promoter is unable to make contact with any winner within three days of an initial Twitter private message, or any winner does not confirm their details for receipt of the prize, the Promoter reserves the right to re-draw the prize and award it to an alternative winner(s) from all valid entries
BARBER screens in Irish cinemas from Friday April 14th. Check out tickets and screening information here:
Irish Film Institute, Dublin Q&A – Friday 14th April
* Terms and Conditions
- The Promoter accepts no responsibility for all submitted entries and public activity surrounding this competition. The Promoter is not responsible for any entries that fail to be submitted for any technical reason whatsoever. The Promoter reserves the right to not accept and moderate (including deleting) entries that are deemed late, incomplete, incorrectly submitted, corrupted, misdirected, use vulgar and/or inappropriate language, entered in error, are altered, tampered with, are associated with theft, make reference to inappropriate/sensitive activity and/or events.By submitting your entry, you warrant and undertake that:
- Your entry does not infringe any third-party rights.
- Your entry does not infringe any intellectual property rights (excluding any intellectual property rights owned by or licensed to the Promoter), and you are the legal and beneficial owner of all intellectual property rights in your entry.
- You have the right to grant the Promoter the permission and consents necessary to use your entry as set out in these terms and conditions, including from any individual(s) appearing in your entry; any materials or objects which feature in your entry are your own property.
- Your entry does not contain any discriminatory, obscene, defamatory or otherwise objectionable material, nor anything which may reasonably be considered to be offensive (whether by image, gesture, statement or other material of any kind). The Promoter reserves the right to remove any comment which they consider to be in breach of these Terms and Conditions.
- No cash or other alternative prizes are available unless deemed necessary by the Promoter, who reserves the right to substitute similar alternatives of equal or greater value. The prizes will only be made available to the winners themselves and are not transferable. Each prize winner and their guest assume all risks inherent to winning the offered prizes. The Promoter will not, to the fullest extent allowed by law, accept any responsibility for loss, injury or death suffered as a result of promotional participation or the acceptance of any prize, other than that caused by negligence or breach of duty of care by the Promoter.
- The Promoter’s decisions in all promotional matters will be final and no correspondence shall be entered into.
- By entering this promotion, all participants will be deemed to have accepted and will be bound by these Terms and Conditions.
- In the event of circumstances outside the reasonable control of the promoter, or otherwise where fraud, abuse, and/or an error (human or computer) affects or could affect the proper operation of this promotion or the awarding of prizes, and only where circumstances make this unavoidable, the Promoter reserves the right to cancel or amend the promotion or these terms and conditions, at any stage, but will always endeavour to minimise the effect to participants in order to avoid undue disappointment.
- The Promoter reserves the right to disqualify any participant or user that the Promoter reasonably believes (i) to have tampered with the operation of the competition and/or (ii) to be acting in violation of these Terms & Conditions.
- This promotion and these terms and conditions are governed by Irish law. Any dispute arising out of or in connection with this competition shall be dealt with exclusively by the Courts of Ireland
- The competition is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with Twitter.
- The Promoter: Spinnaker London LLP on behalf of Eclipse Pictures.
Watch at home
14 April 2023